Sunday, January 10, 2010

Aqua Dreams

Aquamarine: a transparent, pale bluish-green variety of beryl, used in jewelry, is a color that is found throughout my home. For me, it's tranquil and calming. Did you know that aqua works as a neutral base when combined with bright red, orange, yellow, or lime? I'll show you room examples towards the end of this post. First, I made a little mosaic of aqua items found in my home. 
   (click mosaic to enlarge)


Isn't the little girl with the crown  sweet? She was made by Pam Keravuori. The faux sugar cookie was made by Jennifers Petal Palace.

The following pictures are examples of red, yellow, lime, and orange against aqua backdrops.   

I appreciate the touch of black (picture frames) in this picture. It adds balance to the bright pillows and grounds the room.

Aqua dreams?
Blessings, Ele 

Cute baby scrubs from http://www.hannahbananababy.com

19 comments:

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

I LOVE aqua! It's all over my house as well and made quite an appearance in my holiday decorations this year. My kitchen is done all on yellow and aqua, it's such a happy color!

Connie said...

You KNOW how I feel about your home and the decorating of it, sugar! Gorgeous!!!!!
xoxo,
Connie

Unknown said...

HI Ele! How are you? I hope you had a nice Christmas with your family :) Do you have a lot of snow? We just got a lot and oh is it ever cold!

I love aqua so much, it has always been a favorite of mine. I love your room examples, just perfect!
Hugs,
Amy

Sugar Bear said...

Lovely! Are you keeping warm and drinking hot cocoa?
Karla

Kai said...

It's amazing how you have shown a color I always thought of as 'strictly Southwest' in such a new light! Beautiful! That bedroom is absolutely exquisite & exudes PEACE. I really enjoyed seeing the various touches of aqua from YOUR house, too! The little girl IS darling! You KNOW I have to say it - elegant, each & every single item! And now you have shown me the elegant side of aqua! Thank you, sweet girl!

Unknown said...

YES Isn't Aqua a HAPPY color? I sure think so! Loved your post! Hope you are doing well!

Hugs...Lorena

Anonymous said...

AhhhhhhhhhAqua, my favorite color! Love your mosaic, Ele - so charming!!!
Have a lovely day,
Zuzu

Anonymous said...

Love the room with the light aqua and white beadboard...very soothing

roseroomnz.com said...

hmmmmmm, so soothing! Rachaelxo

Sandy said...

I love aquamarine. My favorite colors to pair it up with are purple and teal. The aqua really pops!

Sandy

Caleen said...

I love Aqua.. Have it sprinkled in my home too.. Don't know if all I have goes together but, I do love it and makes me happy .. Love your home too and all the pretty pictures.. God Bless..

Preemie Donna said...

Great color, I actually just purchased material to make Bella a birthday Tutu that is the same color. and it was hard to find in tull.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Aqua is such a calming and soothing color. What beautiful examples!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Sherry Williams said...

I love aqua, too. I have a guest bedroom done in pinks & aquas.
I love your blog!
Sherry

Elyse said...

happy new year, ele!

i love pale aqua and think it completely rocks when paired with tangerine. so cool.

xo
elyse

Alison Gibbs said...

Definitely a calming colour
Alison

Valentine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Free Pretty Things For You said...

aqua and pink are my favorite colors!! so pretty !

maryboys said...

somehow i missed this post...so pretty and serene.

mary